Tuesday, June 29, 2010

News from Sam in the UK



Hi Everyone
I spent my first half term up in London with two other gappies, Pip and Kate. It was a good week and we did lots of sightseeing. We went and saw the Abercrombie and Fitch store, the Changing of the Guards, the National Portrait Gallery, Hard Rock CafĂ©, Harrods (a department store), British Museum, Abbey Road, Big Ben, Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Imperial War Museum, Kensington Palace, Tower of London, London Bridge, Royal Bank, The Monument, Greenwich, Shakespeare’s Globe and St Paul’s Cathedral. We also went into Madame Tussauds (the wax museum.) I also did the London Eye which is really awesome being able to see all over London, but the best was London Dungeons. So that was basically my week in London.

I then came back to school. I am still working Yr3/4, Yr6 and Yr7 Science, along with Yr7, Yr5/6 and Pre-Prep PE and Manor and Prep Games and now Yr6 English, where they read to me and one Yr7 Math's, so I am keeping myself busy.

Once the term finished we had a 3 week holiday. I started off first by going to Belgium. My first day there I went to Ypres which is where there are a lot of war graves. I hired myself a bike and biked around the cemeteries. It was an amazing experience. It was also very cool to see F.C Bakers grave, his name is the first name on the Whangarei Boys’ High School roll of honour, so it was a very cool experience. Well the next day I saw Grote Market in Brussels before heading out to Liegge and catching up with Chase for the afternoon. The next few days I was in Brussels and saw the Manneken Pis, Jubel Park, Notre Dame Church, The Atomium, The Palace of Justice, The Synagogue and The Cathedral. I also tried Belgium waffles and chocolate, they are amazing.

Well from Brussels I flew out to Edinburgh and spent a week in Scotland with Lucy another Gappy. While in Scotland we saw The Castle, Edinburgh Zoo, Murrayfield Stadium, The Aquarium, Greyfriar Bobby’s grave. We then went to Glasgow for a night and saw The People’s Palace but unfortunately it rained. However Scotland was really nice and reminded me of home. I flew back and managed to get back to Seaford for a day to do some much needed washing.

After being back for a day I flew out again this time to Denmark. Whilst in Denmark I saw the old family home called Marienborg. It was really cool to see and something I won’t forget. I also spent a lot of time in Copenhagen seeing the Botanical Gardens, the Royal Guards, art museums, Rosenborg Castle, St Paul's Church, the Museum of Danish Resistance.

Well I have been back at school now for 3 weeks. We had a bank holiday weekend, so went and had a night out in Brighton, and last week I spent a few days helping with exam supervision. But apart from that not much has happened. Hope all is well back in NZ and I will be in touch soon.

For more information about Lattitude you can visit our website here or visit The Lattitude New Zealand Blog here

No comments:

Post a Comment